[Only available in English]
LinkFacts which is referred to in this Privacy Notice as “we”, “us” or “our” wishes to remain worthy of the trust you place by visiting its website and using its services.
With the following Policy, we want you to feel perfectly at ease when surfing our website and our product. This is why we would like to inform you of the precautions we take when processing the personal data, you entrust to us.
Information Gathering and Usage
When you register as a User, certain information such as name, company name, contact telephone number, and email address may be collected. When a Visitor contacts us and/or requests information about our Service, we will collect each Visitor’s email address and some other contact information in order to fulfill the Visitor’s request. We may also ask Visitors for their name, company name, telephone number, and email address. We may also ask questions about your company, job, and professional background. As you browse our Websites, your browser may send log data which may include your IP address, browser type, browser version, pages visited, time and date of visit, time spent on those pages, and referring pages, among other information.
If you are a User, we may collect Personal Data from you in order to properly register you or issue you a license to use our Service or to service a support request from you relating to our Service. This may include name, company name, email address, job title, department, IP address, and usage information relating to our Service.
We may also send Service related notifications or announcements to your email address if you are a User.
Please note that any data that you upload or connect to using our Service is NOT collected or transferred to us at any time.
If you wish to subscribe to a newsletter via our Websites or access other content from our Websites, we will collect Personal Data, such as your name and email address, in order to send you the newsletter. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following unsubscribe instructions included in each of these emails, or you can contact our Data Protection Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Regarding your graph production. Be aware:
- Publishing your graph means making it available publicly on the internet with a unique URL.
- The graph will be indexed by search engines, and it will be automatically added to our public map library.
- LinkFacts’s users can copy and expand your graphs published in public mode.
- Any graph you create and or any change that you make to an existing graph will be publicly and permanently available.
Our purpose is to create a vast library of public graphs, free content of all branches of knowledge, created by LinkFacts users all over the world in an atmosphere of mutual respect and cooperation.
How we use Information we receive
We use information and Personal Data collected to help us provide and support our Product and Website. The information is used to verify accounts and activity, and to promote security on our Product and Website, including investigating suspicious activity or violations of any of our terms or policies or agreements which you may have entered into with us.
We use any information and Personal Data collected to:
- Provide you with information about our Product and Website;
- Provide licenses or register you to use our Product and Website;
- Provide you with customer support for our Product and Website;
- Send you questionnaires and surveys that allow us to improve our Product and Website;
- Customize our communications (emails, newsletters, etc.) and our Website according to your preferences (allowing you to request specific information about our product and services, for example);
- Provide the opportunity for you to download our product documentation or any other communications available on our Website from Linkfacts and/or third-party partners (for example: white papers, etc.);
- Allow you to make a request for a demo of our Product and Website;
- Enable you to register for events organized by us and/or in collaboration with others;
- Allow us to collect usage statistics for internal analytics relating to our Service in order to improve the Service and provide better support;
- Notify you of changes to our Product and Website;
We may also analyze information collected from you to create a profile of your interests and preferences so we can tailor how we contact you or send you information about our Service that is more relevant to you. If additional information about you is available from external sources, we may use it to assist with this. Your information may also be used to help us identify general trends.
In certain circumstances, where you do not provide Personal Data which is required (for example, for us to register you to use our Service), we will not be able to provide the Service under our contract with you or may not be able to comply with a legal obligation on us. We will make it clear if and when this situation arises and what the consequences of not providing the personal data will be.
How long do we retain your personal data?
We will retain information, including Personal Data of Users and Visitors for as long as you have an account with us and as long as needed to provide our Service or respond to requests. We only retain and use the information and Personal Data as necessary to comply with our agreements, legal obligations, and the resolution of any disputes.
Requests to manage or delete information
If you have an account on our Services, please note that our Services give you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with our Services for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
Otherwise, to exercise the statutory rights you may have under applicable law, such as to access, correct, update, delete, block or limit our use of your Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com and clearly describe your request.
We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and always under the timeframes set forth by applicable laws. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, to complete any transactions that you began prior to your request, or for other purposes as required or authorized by law.
Under the conditions set out under the EU GDPR and any other national data protection laws in the EEA, you have the following rights:
- Right of Access : You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether your personal data is being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to the personal data. The access information includes, among other things, the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed. You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data undergoing processing. Subject to applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee for copies, based on administrative costs.
- Right to rectification : You have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to erasure : You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data to the extent it is not required for legally required purposes.
- Right to restriction of processing : You have the right to request restriction of processing of your personal data, in which case, it would be marked and processed by us only for certain purposes.
- Right to data portability : You have the right to receive your personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit the personal data to another entity without hindrance from us.
- Right to object : You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your personal data by us and we can be required to no longer process your personal data. If you have a right to object and you exercise this right, your personal data will no longer be processed for such purposes by us. Exercising this right will not incur any cost. Such a right to object may not exist, in particular, if the processing of your personal data is necessary to take steps prior to entering into a contract or to perform a contract already concluded.
- Right to submit complaints : You have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- The Right to not be subject to automated decision making and profiling: You have the right to demand human intervention, rather than having important decisions made solely by algorithms.
Please note that these rights may be limited under the applicable national data protection law. To exercise your rights please contact our Data Protection Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Logs, Cookies, Behavioral Marketing
We gather certain information in log files about your use of our Websites, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Websites, and store it in log files. We may also log or monitor information about your access to our Service, but this does not include any Personal Data.
Cookies are small data files stored on your device that help us improve our Websites and your experience browsing our Websites, see which areas and features of our Websites are popular. We may also from time to time use web beacons, which are electronic images that may be used in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. Web browsers are usually set to accept cookies by default. You may choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies, but this may affect your experience visiting our Websites.
European Economic Area
Information, including Personal Data collected within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) may not be transferred to countries outside of the EEA, only take place if it complies with the GDPR. Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the EEA unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data. We believe and follow this principles under European Union law, and we obtain not only your consent to legitimize data transfers from the EEA to the United States and other countries but also have in place agreements containing Standard Contractual Clauses or other appropriate safeguards established by the European Commission.
You can contact us with questions or concerns regarding any transfer of your information or Personal Data to jurisdictions outside the EEA.
Our Websites and Service are not designed for or directed at individuals under the age of thirteen (13) or minors as defined by local laws or regulations. We will never intentionally collect or maintain information about individuals considered children or minors. If we are notified about any collection of information about individuals considered children or minors, we will take all appropriate measures to investigate and, if necessary, delete that information.
We have taken great pride to ensure that our practices regarding the protection of your personal data are strictly in conformity with the laws applicable in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and within the European Union: the Law of 1 August 2018 establishing the National Commission for Data Protection and the implementation of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 supplements the GDPR by adopting new provisions where the GDPR so allows, for instance in the employment context according to its article 88, as well as adapting the law of the CNPD to award it new powers necessary to carry out its tasks effectively. Document available via the following link.
Who is the data controller?
LinkFacts registered 28 rue du Chateau, Munsbach, L-5374, Luxembourg is responsible as a data controller, for collecting and processing your personal data in relation to its activities.
How to contact us